Wah, wah, WAH!
it has been a really long time since I blogged. Haha.
Now it is already close to the end of Semester 2 of Psychology.
Because of CMCO, I have been spending time at home, in Seremban. More importantly, WITHOUT my diary! I forgot to bring it with me when I left my hostel for Seremban. This means I haven't been writing at all! Though I do read quite a lot on Quora.
Oh yeah, I joined the Hult Prize campus contest with Yi Ling, Aaron Prasad and a new friend/ classmate Irene Sandra! We actually got second place!!
Prior to joining, I felt that this competition is a significant "upgrade" apart from my past experiences, and that it was something I was excited about. However the process was sometimes dull (probably due to the commitment), not saying that there weren't fun times! I kinda enjoyed the Design Thinking workshop by Mr Juara, Foo, Bakar and team (plus, the food catering service was really good and we had pre-tea, lunch, and post-tea from the IMU Pandan Serai Malay Stall)! But I'm just glad that it is done and dusted. Our idea for a social enterprise surrounding food was a high tech, circular, sustainable, eco-friendly farm (modelling Kebun Kitar) that produces vegetables, 40% to be sold to the commercial market, and 60% to be given for free to our beneficiaries, which are the low income households.
We had multiple calls with Mr Karthi, our mentor, who provided the structural framework for us as well as answers to technical questions/ issues.
This competition opened my eyes to how a business is founded from the start, how pitching works, and also the possibility of venturing into business (?) as I progress through the journey of life.
Classes in Semester 2 Psychology has been very manageable, I had the luxury of going for classes in the convenience of my home (my bed) Haha! Also, Rulin was a really great team member/ team leader such that she always ensures our progress to be ahead of schedule! Also "carried" me for Statistics lab work :').
Writing this, I feel a bit sad that the sentences in my head do not flow easily as it normally did before. It seems that my fluency has gone down, especially oral English as proven by last night's video chat with Li Ling, Suriya, Amelyn, Yen Nie and Marian.
I guess reading on Quora isn't sufficient.
OH! Also, because of how wonderful my dreams were, at one point of time I really looked forward to sleeping. It was as if I enjoyed the dream world than the reality. The dreams were also very vivid and sometimes happens even when I'm physically and mentally aware that it is a dream instead of real life.
One day when I woke up from these dreams, I began googling for related terms like "VR" because I was really impressed/ fell in love with sleeping just because I can dream, to escape the real world.
A few days ago I ordered a book on BookDepository.com,
"VRx: How Virtual Therapeutics Will Revolutionize Medicine" by Brennan Spiegel!!!!!
The website says it was dispatched from the UK on the 16th of December, and I really can't wait to read the book!
I do not know what lies ahead, if my hype about VR will last or not, and whether or not this paves my direction for the future. I hope I've finally found my answers to life (haha) and that this will be It, however we cannot possibly know until that day arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment