Today is the n-th day of the movement control order, and a Monday, however I woke up without an alarm, missed the first lecture that was supposed to start at 8am (attendance not compulsory).
Don't know how but landed myself on YouTube, finishing the second half of the movie "The Secret", and watching David Dobrik's vlogs that I recently (these two days), just discovered.
The ones I clicked on were mostly about him surprising his close circle of friends/ family with their dream cars. Tesla, Lamborghini, BMW... The joy and laughter in his videos is contagious, as I watched and really enjoyed their interactions with one another. Slowly, I found myself thinking about what materialistic things and money meant to be, and how I am slightly envious of him being able to afford (afford is not the most suitable word here), being able to splurge (splurge isn't either), to... to give away freely and that actually makes other people's dreams come true.
Things about money, status and other people are not on the top of my mind 2 years ago, but now, today, it somehow is. And yet, I'm not a Medic student anymore. (Although at the time, I really couldn't see how doctors earn a lot of money).
I guess we'll just see how this unfolds...
No comments:
Post a Comment