Saturday, 23 May 2020

How today went!

This morning after I woke up, I continued my hunt for interesting things to do online!

One thing to note, I finished the book "Anything You Want" by Derek Sivers. It is a relatively short book, easy and fun to read, that lasted me for around an hour. I found him from a YouTube video of book recommendations! Here is one of the excerpts that I enjoy, though I think the book is concise enough for more future revisits!





The meaning that I've always associated with "business" is a corporate world with formalities and adults earning big money while doing monotonous jobs in companies that have offices. I didn't and haven't discovered this "utopia" concept until reading this book.

There are many other interesting paragraphs/ concepts from the book, overall an insightful and a fun read! :-)

-----------------------

After 2 hours on a Psychology group project, at 6pm I went for a 10 minute jog in the garden despite it already being quite late and it's nearing dinner time. I realised that I've successfully (not like it was a goal or anything) developed a (passion is a strong word) habit of exercising in the evening! Woohoo!

Previously, my attempts to maintain a healthy lifestyle was more to "I need to do it" rather than "I want to do it", not anymore and I hope it lasts!

----------------------

Today, Jean Vern and I talked on Instagram. We were talking about another topic on stocks (which I am really excited about!) and how we reconnected primarily because she posted on her Insta Story. She said I used to post about things like book excerpts, psychology, photography, adventures and stuff, but lately I have not been on it!

I am happy and it is heartwarming that somebody actually noticed this, and she actually encouraged me to post more of it!

I used to have a lot of fun sharing things on the internet, but some stuff happened and it got forgotten. Maybe it is time to reconcile with these things that made me happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment