Tuesday, 29 May 2018

Thoughts

1) How do you NOT push people away? People who you feel don't really know you yet, and who probably never will. People who speak too loudly and judge a little too harshly. People who make assumptions. People who will not stay in your life. People who have been in your life, disappeared, but suddenly wants to reconnect. How do you welcome them back and still treat them sincerely? Or you don't?

2) How do you stay anchored and humble while continuing to achieve? How do you feel the need to "be more" and not feel proud of the blood, sweat and tears you've shed to come this far? To not intimidate others, and yet, saying what is true on your mind, instead of fending off praises by saying "oh it was nothing", because IT WAS SOMETHING. Not saying "oh, I was just lucky" because IT WASN'T PURELY LUCK. 

There's a scene in "When Harry Met Sally" that I like.



Harry: You know, the first time we met, I really didn't like you that much -
Sally: I didn't like you.
Harry: Yeah you did. You were just so uptight then. You're much softer now.



"You're much softer now."
Softness as a positive quality.
I don't know?

How do you be soft, without being submissive?


I guess one of the steps is by slowing down...?



No comments:

Post a Comment