heheh.
Not many know this but, I actually completed 4 weeks of the Kayla Itsines #bbg as in beach body guide. I found out about her while scrolling Instagram, also found her account @kayla_itsines (YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY CHECK IT OUT) But that was way back ago, waaay back, before Lunar New Year. lol. BBG is supposed to be a 12 week workout plan. So now you know why I still look like a potato.
I stopped for many reasons, not because the guides weren't good or anything, it's cause I didnt SEE any changes. My friend who knew I wanted to get fit, even chided me for not putting in effort. Little did she knew, I actually exercised for 45 minutes EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's just that there weren't any visible, drastic changes. Even the number on the weighing scale stayed the same, if not fluctuating a little.
The second excuse for quitting is because some of Week 5's exercises need for example, two benches, or medicine balls. I didnt have them and I didn't put much thought to finding alternatives. sigh
So after a week or two since I stopped exercising TOTALLY, though still mindful of what I put in my mouth, numbers started dropping. I was overwhelmed, even shared this new info with a few of my close friends. Even bragged about not having to exercise.
That went pretty well, until I was sick or something. I was always tired, sore, you know, that type of grogginess after you woke up from a long nap you weren't supposed to have, well I felt that pretty much everyday. Waking up seemed like a chore, and taking naps were my savoir, although I feel the SAME after I nap.
I also noticed every part of my body was pinch-able again. lol. It was at that time when I can compare between exercising and not.
SOOoooOOoOOOOooooOOoo yeah. (just went for a 40 minutes walk) *ding*
I found out that exercising actually keeps you alert and makes you feel REFRESHED! You don't need that afternoon nap, you just need to move your butt outside the roof.
We spend so much time cleaning the house, studying, or even making time for charity work. Doesn't it occur to you that if you can't even take good care of your own body, why are you even doing all the extra stuff? Why even bother to have new clothes every year, why this why that. To be a successful person, or at least my concept of a successful person, you gotta at least control your health, control what you put into your mouth and what not. It traces back to the basics of living life.
Conclusion: exercise not only to LOOK good, but to FEEL good. It's for the your heart, your lungs, your brain, your muscles... Do it for the long run!!!!!!
Last but not least,
![]() |
| Because I had to :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment