Saturday, 6 January 2024

Reflection that I submitted for industrial attachment

 My name is Lee Yuan Hui (Student ID: 0000025905), and here is my 1-page reflection for my industrial attachment. 

            I had my industrial attachment at a place called “Persatuan Kebajikan You Xin Xiang Xue” in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. It is a daycare centre for primary and secondary children who are disadvantaged or come from single-parent background. This centre was established in 2009 with 4 missions: Service, Attitude, Academic, Training. There is also a Saturday class known as “Rainbow Avenue” where students listen to talks and participate in events that can benefit them.

            I have a few most memorable moments. The first was when we played a game where the kids keep letting me win on purpose. It was a moment after I felt disheartened when some other students didn’t listen to me. My second most memorable moment was when we took a bus to PD to visit the aquarium and the army museum. It was a lot of fun. My third most memorable moment was when my onsite supervisor, Ms Phang, took the time to sit down and talk to me about my working days and she always ends it with a heartfelt prayer to God. My onsite supervisor was the one who cared for me and shared with me her perspective of God. Through her, I understood that children can be dealt with like an adult, which is with respect. Ms Phang does not yell at the kids. She sits quietly and talks to the problematic kid one-on-one.

            My most challenging experience was when I first dealt with Standard Two students for English tuition. Not only they weren’t listening, they were not respecting me. Luckily, this phenomena has changed since that day. I became closer to the kids after I had gifted them goodbye. The other teachers there, such as Yu Jing teacher also help me to deal with the students. I really appreciate her for that.

            I think I am really lucky to have stumbled upon this centre for my industrial attachment. Many memories and connections were made and I would definitely do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment